Monday, December 05, 2005

A Departure From the Schedule

Yes, I know that I had assured a Mars post in the previous one, but the examinations have sprung upon me with all the stealth of a lion stalking its prey (ok, so it's the lionesses that do the stalking, but like I care about that!!). Anyway, they have caught me unsuspecting and unaware as is their wont, and I have just discovered that I am woefully under-prepared, particularly given my substantially below-par performance in the mid-terms...

Now, being the person that I am, I am not really inclined to let these predators stop me from blogging. So, given the time constraints as well as my inclination to continue blogging, I decided that there was after all, a middle path. Yes, I know what you're thinking, "You've lost it old chap. It'll be better after a night's sleep, notwithstanding the hang-over", but hear me out!!!

You see, I have received in the past, more than just a few comments asking me to post my experiences at B-school. Now, while I am not the type that makes a diary of B-school experiences, I did at one point in my first year do a series of anonymous write-ups (Oops!!! Have I said too much there?) that detailed the experiences of a fictitious student of IIML and the things he saw around him.

Written with more than just a twinge of sarcasm and sprinkled with a liberal dose of exaggeration, these write-ups do not reflect accurately exactly what passed, but did make for reasonably amusing reading among my classmates. There is a fair degree of "twisting of the context" not to mention the fact that these write-ups concentrate solely on the goofiest incidents that occured (added with liberal changes in circumstances that I deemed as "humourists' license).

So let me know if that's something that would be appreciated. I will be posting them regardless of what you feel in any case, but I thought it would be the "managerial" thing to do to ask for feedback. After all, as Scott Adams once said, "Management and in particular marketing, consists of two important tasks: firstly, taking feedback about what is required and the second, ignoring it."

Oh and yes, if any of you happen to know people in IIML, you can confirm the existence of these sticks of dynamite. Actually, on second thoughts, don't do that. They were circulated to a restricted audience of 'Section D' and were not deemed fit for consumption by the masses on account of their "sensitive" content :-).

First instalment shall be forthcoming in a bit...depending on the feedback...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feedback 1: out with 'em

Susie

Abhi said...

Man , its exam time here too , and now you have got me drooling at the thought of those typical mike-wit filled articles.Bring them on.

Darth Midnightmare said...

@Susie: Out with the first...the rest shall follow soon...depending on feedback of course ;-)

@Jughead: Thanks for the compliment. And ATB for the exams...and yes, I hate exams too :-(

@Dodo: Your time is up. I don't mind hate-mail, I don't mind criticism, but I hate abusive filled nonsense, particularly from people who're publicity-seeking liars. Your blog, your so-called identity, it's all a damned sham, so all your comments with abusives go to the bin, as will all future abusive-laden nonsense from you...