Monday, December 19, 2005

Beyond Boredom...

Yes, I am back on campus, after a mighty short break. Term breaks really should be longer if you want my opinion (though no one ever seems to want it). I mean, the way term breaks are structured here, you just about have enough time to reach home, say hello to the folks, go out and meet your friends once and then, even before you've got used to the feel of your own pillow, you're back to the freezing cold of campus once again... Hmm...not too nice really...

Still, one purpose the short break does achieve is that there is just no way you can get bored of the break. Everything moves at break-neck speed. So much so, that my parents hardly even had the time to take the hatchet to me regarding my mobile bill!!!

Yes, that infernal mobile bill had caused me a fair bit of concern regarding all the possible repercussions. As it happens, I seem to have rather wasted all that concern. The bigger concern of those that should have really been concerned about the monetary impact, was what things may have been like had I had a girlfriend! I must admit though, that they do have a point there. Once that point was raised, I did feel a rather distinct tingle pass down my spine.

Returning to the topic of boredom though, I think I shall be rather bored for the coming two or three days. The sole reason being that in a fit of my usual thoughtfulness, I neglected to pack my car keys when heading back to campus, with the result that both sets of car keys are currently in a state of peaceful repose in my drawer back home in Bombay and shall presumably stay there till such time as my parents deem it safe to send them across...

Now, I think I heard some of you ask why on Earth my spare keys are also with the main set. For that of course, we'd have to head a couple of months back in time. We'll head back in time to the time that I accidentally locked the keys inside my car. It riled me at the time to think that I had a set of spare keys but they were in my room, while I was about 25 kilometers away from my room and therefore in no position to reach them.

Suffice to say, I decided that it would be more prudent to carry the spare keys with me, in light of the very real possibility of such a scenario repeating itself. After all, the way I saw it, a spare key was hardly of any use if you couldn't use it!!! And so it happened that I reached home carrying both sets of keys and conveniently therefore left both of them back there...though I did manage to have enough time to (for once) remember to pack my shaving kit, which has normally been my item of choice to forget while leaving home...

Oh and yeah, I do hope that my rambling explanation has occupied your mind sufficiently enough (or of course bored you enough) to ensure that you overlook the question of just why I was even carrying my keys while heading home...

Yes, like I said...the break really does leave you with no chance at all of getting in the least bit bored...specially if you happen to be me, which of course, I do happen to be...

2 comments:

Neha said...

u didnt hv to hear anything for the phone bill!! ur parents r just too nice to u..lol..

u remind me of a friend of mine who must'v lost and found his car keys atlst 4 times in the 2 years since i've known him.. and then one day managed to lose the keys and the spare keys and was left with no keys and had to find someone to make new keys so he cud get home!!

Me said...

i just hope that u don't put the spares in the same keychain as the original :-D